Monday 4 March 2013

Updates :-)

After finally figuring out my idea for my project I bought a 'home studio kit' and started practicing taking pictures of flowers :-) I don't reaaally like the outcomes that much but with some more practice I think they'll look a bit better! I do like the way I've edited them though, which I think I will carry on for my final images. Here are a few: 


This is my favourite because of the tones and shadows the light has created! I also quite like the black and grayish backgrounds together, but you can see the Velcro strip, which I don't like! This is the kind of thing I want to achieve for my final images, in the style of Robert Mapplethorpe. I added a grainy filter in Photoshop  which I wanted because I wanted to make it look 'old' and less commercial. 


This was just sort of a 'recky' practice shot and I don't think I want to do anything like this because to me it's something i'd of taken when I first got my DSLR. But I like the coldish colour tones and I added grain again and a softening filter :-) to make it look again less commercial and softer... if anybody knows what i'm going on about!


I also quite like this one, don't have much to say about it apart from the all white background I do like! It's all natural lighting too :-)

For my next practice I'd like to do really low key lighting with a black background and see if it creates anymore 'darker' emotions etc. I think i'm going to stick to the grainy images... maybe I just need to take loaaads of pictures and then decide which ones i'm going to use/take further :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zoealicevenables/



No comments:

Post a Comment